[Rhodes22-list] Posting files

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Jan 24 12:36:13 EST 2008

At 11:49 AM 1/24/2008 -0500, Robert Skinner wrote:
>As the list is transitioned to a new host,
>is it possible that a file sharing facility
>be included with user-initiated and named
>folders where files (photos, DOCs, PDFs,
>etc.) could be uploaded, as can be done
>with a Yahoo email group?

Couple things to remember -

1) I'm not Yahoo ;-)  If you want all the features (and resources) of
a Yahoo group, start one.  I will not be able to duplicate those
services on a pro-bono website.

2) Disk space is cheap, but not unlimited.  It is still wise to
manage that resource.

3) Bandwidth is not a concern right now.  We are not metered.

With all that said... yes, I think we will plan to have a document
library where files of value to the group can be stored for easy
retrieval.  However, I am certain it will be moderated, so that it
stays somewhat organized and doesn't become a dumping ground.

Cheers!

John Lock