[Rhodes22-list] Politician Seeking Office - Now Total Annihilation

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Jan 28 10:50:18 EST 2008

Robert,

I would think that enough people would agree with you to get you elected to
office.  If not, I at least hope Chellie agrees with you.

Having spent over 30 years in healtcare management, I think you make a good
point in that there needs to be some limit to healthcare coverage.  The
medical community is capable of defining acceptable healthcare in most
cases, which is billions of dollars cheaper than top-of-the-line healthcare.
The American public expects the best that money can buy and if they don't
get it they won't hesitate to file a lawsuit.  Hospitals in turn spend
billions of dollars for things that don't affect outcomes.  Hospital real
estate is the most expensive in the country (and free to the hospital), yet
you could provide better outcomes doing surgery in a tent if the focus were
placed on results.  If our mission were truly good health, we would be
spending more more on prevention than treatment.  Don't get me started on
the politics of healthcare--it's enough to make one sick.

Regarding global warming, Ed got me thinking that we humans may not have
that much of an effect on climate changes.  Last night the History Channel
aired a program called "End of Days" that prioritized the top seven most
likely scenarios that would end the world.  Global warming was number one
and there were some pretty compeling arguments that our actions are making
it much worse than anything Mother Nature is doing.  For those interested in
the end of our existence, it goes something like this:

1.  Global warming.
2.  Epidemic.
3.  Nuclear destruction.
4.  Asteroids.
5.  Computers (very similar to "The Terminator").
6.  Volcanos.
7.  Black holes.

My plan is to be out sailing when it happens.

Lee