[Rhodes22-list] Michael W.s Tongue

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jan 31 08:18:20 EST 2008

Mike:

I think that when under load all extensions bend.  Maybe your bending is
excessive?

Go buy a piece of I beam long enough to reach from trailer hitch to
somewhere back on trailer that allows for physical attachment to main
trailer chassis.  Get about four large U-bolts with cross pieces and bolt
the whole thing to extended extension and actual trailer chassis.  Just like
you were sistering a plank supporting a house?  I guess you could even use a
wood 4 x 4 about 12 feet long and make it work for the occasion.  But that
might be too thick to get down a ramp.

Locate a steep ramp that does not require extension.  When lake level is up
here at Hartwell there are many that you do not need extensions on.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
“Stainless steel’s resistance to corrosion relies on exposure to oxygen in
the air or water.  When you tape a stainless steel turnbuckle or rigging
terminal, you deprive it of oxygen, and the metal is more prone to
corrosion.”  Bill Seifert