[Rhodes22-list] Michael W.s Tongue

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 19:54:19 EST 2008

Mike,
Ed makes a good point.  I have never used a trailer with internal extension, never will because it will make the key joints weaker.  Instead I use a completely independent 3x3 steel bar - fits into the receiver on one end and has the ball mounted on the other. Mine is 60" long.  Mounted on front(preferred) or back of my Explorer it handles very well.  I wouldn't trust any older painted Triad extensions I have seen, especially if they have been repainted over hidden problems.
Art