[Rhodes22-list] Mac McCready Welcome - soon to be new old Rhodes owner

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 13:31:08 EDT 2008

--- On Sun, 6/29/08, Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

> Going thru Stan for a recycled boat takes need for
> professional surveyor out
> of the picture.  However, a professional surveyor has even been used therein

Mac,

Ed is right; however, if you use Boat/US as your insurer, they will want a full survey.

It is worth it; if you use a Rhodes-friendly surveyor  who knows the boat & the process, (if you're interested I have the name of the one who surveyed my boat) , Boat /US will treat your recycled boat as a new one for valuation purposes and will insure it as such, with full replacement value.
Otherwise, they will value yours as an 18-year-old boat.

Mine is a '92, recycled '06, and for insurance purposes is considered a new boat.

elle