[Rhodes22-list] motor ruminations ..... again (I know)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jul 4 09:18:35 EDT 2008

Another consideration with a new four stroke motor is that the break in
period is much longer than with a 2 stroke. My new Tohatsu 9.8 requires ten
minutes of idle and then no more than 1/2 throttle for the next two hours. It
allows increases in throttle with more hours and finally is considered broke in
after ten hours of this crap. I guess I have a lot of break in driving to do
before the grandsons arrive at the end of the month. I wonder how much rum I
will consume in ten hours. The manual for my 8hp Tohatsu listed the gas
consumption at full throttle as being 1 gallon per hour. The new motor has  nothing
in the manual about fuel consumption.

Rummy

In a message dated 7/3/2008 9:50:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  sail at tds.net
writes:

Mike,

If you do not have a motor available when you pickup your  boat stan has one
that you can use on your shake down cruise.  Just  ask Caesar Paul.

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity