[Rhodes22-list] dinghy

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sun Jul 6 17:25:46 EDT 2008

At 05:12 PM 7/6/2008 -0400, Mary Lou Troy wrote:
>There are to be other possibilities out there. The Kaynors had a real
>dinghy with a small outboard. I think the dinghy and the outboard
>stowed under the seats but took up most of the space. It was very
>sturdy. Seems to me that someone had a Sea Eagle they liked
>http://www.seaeagle.com/.

You may also want to check out the 8' model of PortaBotes -
http://www.porta-bote.com/dinghy.html  I had one of the larger models
for cartopping and sold it to a guy on a 35-foot Island Packet yacht
in the Bahamas.  He said they were the best dinghy solution ever for
small (sic) boats.  You can have it ready to go in much less time
than it takes to blow up an inflatable and they are darn near
indestructible.  I am seriously considering one for my boat once I
figure out how to stow it.

Cheers!

John Lock