[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu 8 question- Bob Fletcher? Captain Rummy?

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jul 9 08:18:30 EDT 2008

Bob,

I have a Tohatsu 8 and it has a traditional manual choke.  The kind that you
pull out to choke.  Like some very old cars had.

What year is your 8?

How to fix?  I suspect that any shade tree mechanic could install the
traditional type choke.  What you need to locate is not a 'dealer' with
fancy showroom but a good independent mechanic who works out of garage out
back or gas former station [cheap rent place].

Good service manuals are hard to come by.  Some of the bigger dealers who
sell parts to the shade tree mechanics carry them.  It is best to phycially
look at them before you buy to make sure that they cover the motor that you
have.  I have found that the generic manuals that cover several engines are
just not good.  Email the manufactures and see if they have a CD manual
available, which is what all the shade tree mechanics are using these days.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
“Forcing one person to bear the burden of health care costs for another is
not only a moral question but a major threat to personal liberty.”  Walter
Williams