[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu 8 question- Bob Fletcher? Captain Rummy?

Bob-Leslie Fletcher tfl4625 at blackfoot.net
Fri Jul 11 12:59:53 EDT 2008

Ed,

Our Tohatsu is a 2007.  The choke is activated by a solenoid when you turn
the start key, and that's why it wouldn't operate without some battery
power,  But the"action" is the same as a manual choke.  That's why I'm
thinking I could run a small rod from the choke linkage through the hole in
the housing for the start handle I could have in effect be a "manual" choke
if needed.

I also like, however, Brad's suggestion of keeping some starter fluid handy
just in case.  Our sail yesterday turned into whitecaps and really gusty
winds.  When I finally decided to abandon the sails and motor to shelter I
was reminded of how uncomfortable it would be to have a starting problem
that couldn't be fixed.

Thanks to both you and Brad for the suggestions.

Bob