[Rhodes22-list] progress

Tom Hogarty tjhogarty at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 21:33:42 EDT 2008

Mast went up on our newly named "acorn" this afternoon.  Yoke and mast winch
worked great as did the help from the documentation by former owner, Bob
Dobson,  this wonderful forum, and Stan's great engineering.  Easy as pie!
Skiptress Alice cranked it all by herself.  I had thought we would need to
host a barn raising party, but we did it all by ourselfs.  It did take much,
much longer than 20 minutes, but we learned so much about our boat in the
process.  Acorn is still trailered at Holiday Hill on the Rhodes River south
of Annapolis and has a mess of details to go before launch.  I pulled the
pin to lower the pop top mast attachment and the boom came down as well.  Is
there a separate control pin for the boom?  The pin for the pop top
attachment is on the starboard side of the mast.  None on the port side
where I might expect on for the boom.  My archive search was not as yet
helpful.
Thanks,
Tom Hogarty