[Rhodes22-list] What Gives? - Spam Filters

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Mon Jul 14 16:31:22 EDT 2008

Slim and John,

I had to buy a new Vista laptop last week, and my venerable
and well understood WIN2K won't run on it - no drivers for
the new devices.  (Yeah, Slim, I believe you have a MAC,
but read on...)  I also had to migrate to new email and
browser packages - the ones I knew and loved got left in the
dust as MS beefed up their access control algorithms.

The fun began when I found that I had to actively disable the
heuristic spam filters in the email package.  After a few hours
trying to tune the email spam checker, I decided to disable it
all together.  John's point is substantiated - at least in my case.

In Slim's case, perhaps an automatic update or a slip of the
mouse changed a setting, or his "smart" email decided it didn't
like some aspect of some Rhodes messages.

In any case, Slim, good luck in your battle with errant electrons!

/Robert