[Rhodes22-list] What Gives? - Spam Filters

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Jul 14 18:08:41 EDT 2008

At 04:31 PM 7/14/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>The fun began when I found that I had to actively disable the
>heuristic spam filters in the email package.  After a few hours
>trying to tune the email spam checker, I decided to disable it
>all together.  John's point is substantiated - at least in my case.

It's a shame that Vista is being crammed down our (Windows users)
collective throats.  It's just about the same as installing a virus
willfully on your machine.

For Windows e-mail I strongly recommend Thunderbird.  It's free and
the spam filters (once trained) are very, very good.  If you gotta
change e-mail software anyway, cut the MS cord and get something
really useful - http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

P.S. If your feeling adventurous, try the Eudora 8.0 beta
software.  That's the beginnings of the planned merge of Eudora and
Thunderbird.  You can read more at http://www.eudora.com/betas/

Cheers!

John Lock