[Rhodes22-list] Mast Boom Car temp pin

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Jul 16 10:27:15 EDT 2008

Hi Tom,
  I agree with Arts' machine screw solution especially if you have to drop
the mast to install a new car.
But may I suggest you find a long (3-4 ") machine screw with a shoulder
(that is the part of the screw with no threads) and use a hacksaw to cut off
the threaded portion thus leaving you with a smooth pin to get you by for
the season. I don't have an IMF on my boat so I'm not sure of the length of
the pin you will need so you may need some trial and error before you get it
right.

Good luck,
John Shulick
71 Rhodes Continental "Delilah"