[Rhodes22-list] re placing Mast Boom Car

Tom Hogarty tjhogarty at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:59:00 EDT 2008

Ed, Art, Rummy
Thanks, now I am again making some progress.  Interesting process.  Hard to
search for unknown terms.  Had no idea this black slider  that keeps the
boom up was called a "car."  Searched "car" on  this site and found an
article about a naked man flagging down an auto with a dead pigeon, but very
little on the mast gizmo.  You gentlemen have stepped in and really helped.
I will order the part from Stan this afternoon.  My mast is up, but I have
not yet added the traveler in the backstays, nor have I tuned the stays.
Does anyone know if I have to lower the mast to replace the mast boom car?
I did not want to proceed with the rigging only to lower the mast again.
Ed, I am sorry if my mislabeling the subject line inflamed,   aroused,
titillated, or otherwise diverted any progressive from their immediate task
of saving our collective national ass.
Tom

reposted under new title