[Rhodes22-list] Question for Rummy

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jul 16 21:25:09 EDT 2008

Ron,

I don't think there is very much clearance and it may be hard to find
anyone with a picture. The only time we have the boom down is when
conditions get a little strong. You can estimate just by looking at
the hole in the mast where the pin goes and then look at the
placement of the pin in the slide in relation to the boom. Or you
could just try it. Just pull the pin and it slides right down. If
there is no one to take up the slack on the main sheet, the boom will
swing but it's easily controlled and of course your topping lift will
need to be loosened. All you need to do to raise it is loosen the
main sheet, pull the pin and push the slide up until the pin locks in
position. It's not difficult at all. You can do it with the sail
furled or even under sail.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD