[Rhodes22-list] Re ply to Ron Singerman's Question for Rummy

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jul 17 07:03:11 EDT 2008

Ron,

I can attest to the fact that you should be quite able to lower the boom.

1.  Begin by loosening topping lift, allowing about 18 inches of line.

2.  Loosen Main sheet allowing about 18 inches of free lines.

3.  Slide companion way cover/hatch forweard.

4.  Have small pliers or vice grip in pocket.

5.  While left hand holds boom, pull pin with provided ring out until loose.
Lower the boom to lower setting.  If pin is difficult to pull out use pliers
or small vice grip to accomplish task.

6.  Adjust topping lift and mainsheet to correct configurations, that is
boom level and in center of boat.

7.  With boom in correct lower position, use ruler to measure clearance.
Take picture of ruler while measuring clearance to document and post picture
to Rhodes List.

The above can be accomplished by one person even on the water unless you
have had too many of Captain Rummy's recommended personal lubricants.

Additional reading assignment:
http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell071508.php3

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA