[Rhodes22-list] I can't really think of any subject line to use. Sorry Ed.

Rik Sandberg sanderico1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 19:23:56 EDT 2008

John, Brad, et al,

I don't believe the issue is really whether there is global warming or
not. There probably is. The cause of it and the possible amount that
humans may be able to counteract it is what everybody seems to stumble on.

Our population in the U.S. represents about 5% of the worlds population.
Up until recently we were the largest users of fossil fuel on the
planet. The Chinese, Indians and some of the other countries that are
the emerging industrial countries in the east, represent about 50% of
the population of the planet. As they grow industrially, they are going
to pass us up like an old wet rag as far as fossil fuel usage and g/h
gas production is concerned. While I agree that it isn't smart to be
shitting in one's own nest, how much positive affect can we, as 5% of
the world's population, hope to achieve??

I'd bet on one thing. If we are going to make much difference, there's
gonna' be some nuke plants in somebody's backyard.

I have noticed that some scientific folks started talking about
decreasing sunspot activity last year. Last winter was one of the
longest and coldest in recent memory, at least in my area and this
summer has been cooler than normal too. Hmmm.....

I think Al Gore has figured out a way to make a ton of money scaring the
hell out a lot of people.

Rik

Ayn Rand was a prophet - - it isn't my fault