[Rhodes22-list] I can't really think of any subject line to use. Sorry Ed.

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 17:32:13 EDT 2008

John,

They drove, or flew, or burned carbon in some fashion.  They weren't playing
the "holier than thou" game, they admit that fossil fuels fuel the free
enterprise system. Look, we'll be fine with $10 per gallon gasoline derived
from crude oil.  What will shock the system (and already has, ie, the
economy) is when prices rise as fast as they just did.  It will only get
worse.  Al Gore is the High Priest of a new religion which I think is bunk.
But, like most religions, there's some good in the bunk. "Don't bang the
neighbors wife' or 'lust for his donkey' are rules developed over time for
good reason - it disrupts the 4th of July party!  'Don't shit in your own
nest' makes sense as well, ie, don't pollute.  One of the things I do whilst
in Beijing is drink coffee early in the morning on the balcony and watch
buildings disappear in the smog. Al Gore has a message with some important
consequences for us but not for the reasons he thinks.  Big Al is all about
Big Al.  If the dumb SOB had just carried his own state of Tennessee in 2000
he'd really be swinging a big stick right now.

On a more important note, where the hell do you find mushrooms this time of
year?

Brad