[Rhodes22-list] Open letter to the guys at the bar

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jul 22 23:26:58 EDT 2008

elle,
You've asked the right questions.

To offer my own blunt opinion, I think the name calling and the
bullying are stupid playground behaviors and add nothing to the list.
There is nothing wrong with political discussion but much of what
I've seen here does not sound like discussion to me. It sounds like
belittling people for their beliefs. There is a difference between
disagreeing with someone and calling them an ugly name.

As someone who has been a member of this list and its predecessor
since 1998, I am sad to say I try not to read the postings from
several of the members. I might like them in a bar but in writing
their words do not seem like harmless banter. To me their words sound
vicious and I can only imagine what it must sound like to the poor
soul who wanders in here.

Mary Lou
1991 R22   Fretless
Rock Hall, MD