[Rhodes22-list] Information gathering

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 11:21:16 EDT 2008

OK, Mr. Rummmmmmmy ;^), I did just that..just in case i was forgetting or unremembering something...

Some (what I thought) were more pertinent points...and I quote:

1. * The  level of discussion does not have to be fit for a child, but
some good taste  is expected.  (Hmmmm..kinda lost that for a while....)

2. Netiquette: Posts to the group are expected to be considerate of  other
readers. Personal abuse, flames, and obscenities are  *not*
appreciated; but we are sailors....... (yea...but we're not down at the level of powerboaters. Not a slur..just an observation based on working for three years at a very busy marina)

3. There is a high level of chitchat on the list, and what you might think is  insulting to a group or region might only be people kidding each other after  knowing them for years. (if we can't tell kidding from nasty & insult then it must be nasty & insult.)

3. As in any bar, the subjects of politics and religion  can lead to heated augments and bar fights. These might be best  avoided.

Again, Rummy, I know this is your sandbox & i'm just a guest....I'm not trying to run things or be a schoolmarm trying to stifle free speech...more like a mom who feels bad whenher kids re fighting 7 can't get'em to stop.

Again, what do  'nasty , overbearing and crude' add to any discussiion? We know you're guys...;^)

elle