[Rhodes22-list] Greetings from Lake Lanier, GA; Road trip to Lake Sinclair

Kris B. keluther at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 11:38:22 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

We've been lurkers on this list for awhile. My husband Dave and I bought a
1985 Rhodes last summer (Orion). Orion was a recycled Rhodes that the
previous owner had purchased from Stan around 2000 or so. We've appreciated
the vast archives of the list when looking up technical information for our
various projects and the photo posts are especially helpful when figuring
out the best way to configure various boat parts. We currently live in
Atlanta and sail on Lake Lanier. We met Art last summer up at Aqualand, but
I think he's down in FL these days?

John L., we are thinking of heading down to Lake Sinclair for our first
major road trip with the boat. We've transported the boat up and down I-85
between the lake and our house a few times, but we've not taken the boat to
another patch of water yet. Where do you suggest we launch at Sinclair, and,
any tips on good anchoring spots for a weekend stay? Many thanks for any
suggestions for Sinclair.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Best,

Kris