[Rhodes22-list] Snakes on a boat

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sun Jul 27 23:40:34 EDT 2008

John,

When hiking, I still find a forked stick to carry along.  I find that when
on land, it is easier to pick up a snake with a stick and toss it off the
trail, although experience has shown that it is even easier to take an
alternate route (when possible) to avoid upsetting the snake.  When in a
canoe, the alternate route is not generally preferable, thus it becomes
necessary to disturb and remove the unwanted visitor.  As far as the "bigger
ones" go, I guess it depends on how big they are;  I might just prefer to
take the alternate route rather than tangle with a really large or dangerous
snake in close quarters.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY