[Rhodes22-list] Gone West

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:21:18 EDT 2008

Slim,

Just got back from 'tinkering' at the hangar.  We had a long discussion
about that last night and again this morning.  Traveling to Beijing is a
major PITA right now and Fan decided against it - I have no choice but to
fly the next two days (about to go non-current) and Cora doesn't need
another clock adjustment two weeks before starting school.

We've been through this vicariously with friends twice in the last six
months.  A couple we're close to and live geographically near have had to
deal with almost the exact situation twice in the last six months.  The
husband took a months leave of absence this spring to be with his younger
brother dying of cancer (40ish) and the wife just got back three days ago
from spending time with her sister (same age range, cancer, and died while
she was coming home from China).

My best friend from the time I lived in Nashville made one of the best
observation of Mr. Shen years ago anyone could hope for, "he's got the
kindest eyes of any man I've ever met".

I see them in Cora.

Brad