[Rhodes22-list] Ed K and Joe... good info

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Mon Jul 28 17:57:49 EDT 2008

Rob,

You can't get under the bridge at Columbia, but you don't have to.  There is
a public dock just downstream of the bridge that you can tie up to,
apparently for free.  We were there in late May when my Admiral and I were
test sailing Stan's demo boat prior to buying.  We got to Columbia late in
the day and the dockmaster was gone so we just tied up at the public dock
for the night.  We got underway early the next day, before the dockmaster
got back.  So we don't have firsthand knowledge of it being free, but that
has been widely reported.  Also, if you didn't want to stay at the public
dock overnight there are good anchorages quite close by.  Our second night
we docked at the Edenton town docks which most definitely are free for the
first two night with excellent facilities including showers.  Both locations
had supplies within walking distance and restaurants within walking
distance.  My Admiral and I had dinner at Sean's in Edenton and can
recommend it with enthusiasm.

Have fun, but I must warn you, you'll fall in love with the Rhodes!  After
our test sail it was all over except the negotiating with Stan.  We got our
boat 7/19, just shy of two months after that test sail.

Mike Cheung s/v Muireann ('93/'08 Rhodes 22)