[Rhodes22-list] Horsepower ?? Engine size ??

Rick Lange SloopBlueHeron at ISP.Com
Tue Jul 29 20:32:19 EDT 2008

Gary,
If you can assume no head wind, no waves, you never have to
back up in anything but the calmest conditions and your motor mount never
gets stuck in the up position, get a 6 hp.
Rick

> so my old tohatsu 9.9 is feeling rather ill. i'm thinking about a

> new 4 stroke engine. i'll be off the North Shore of Mass,
> Manchester/ Gloucester area. mostly i use the engine to traverse

> manchester harbor, where I step the mast at the town dock, then

> proceed 5 or so miles to my mooring (Magnolia Harbor).
>
> my 9.9 moved my Bristol 27 (weight 6600 lbs) along
smartly. i THINK