[Rhodes22-list] Horsepower ?? Engine size ??

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 20:46:26 EDT 2008

Gary

I have the old Tohatsu 8 2-stroke long shaft.  Power wise it is more than
adequate IMO for my usual waters (Salem-Beverly-Marblehead), even with the
standard propeller.

I got is because my wife didn't want to mess with pull start, and it came
with a electric starter/charging coil.  I usually pull start it.

In the occasional larger swell out by your way, if the boat is pitching as I
head in or out, the prop can briefly come out of the water, even with the
long shaft.  The motor is completely out of the water without tilting when
fully raised.

Jim Connolly
S.v Inisheer
'85 recycled '03