[Rhodes22-list] Chaos

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Jun 1 08:30:14 EDT 2008

Brad,

It is really remarkable that we can have an open conversation like this
all over the world virtually simultaneously at no cost.

(Thank you big government and DARPA -- some of this shit works!)

Have you read Chaos by James Gleick?  I am totally absorbed by it, and
it is changing my life (as my best friend who has been trying to get me
to read it for the past 20 years told me it would.)

The name is good for selling books, but bad for describing the concept.

It is all I've been thinking about lately--the election is just a side-show.

Bill