[Rhodes22-list] Chaos

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 08:57:35 EDT 2008

Bill,

I'll put it in the queue.  It sounds a bit like "The Blind Watchmaker" by
Dawkins which was about evolution and randomness.

The internet is a wonderful development in the growth of the human species,
but it is mostly a shift in speed.  I can sit here in China and share
thoughts with you after dinner while you're finishing breakfast, versus a
telegram, or a letter, or a personal messenger via boat.  If we don't listen
or respect the others opinion, the medium really doesn't matter, nor does
the speed in the long run. A long time ago when I first started traveling
around the world (and I don't do that much anymore or miss it) I realized
just how accurate Maslow was in his theory. Most people just want to eat,
stay warm, and get laid every once in a while. Having just come back from a
huge grocery store in China, we can solve hunger in our country by telling
all the little slant eyed kids, "finish your plate, there are kids in the US
going hungry!"

It's late here and I'm going to bed, you're at bat!  The sun will rise here
soon enough and I'll take over again.

Brad