[Rhodes22-list] Political - Was Brad the Pilot?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 18:19:46 EDT 2008

Herb,

Nope, wasn't me on that one.  I've probably told this story before - when
young Bill was the Guv, we had a trip from Little Rock to DC for him to make
a speech to the whatever the young Dem's leadership whatever was called, and
then back to AR for another appearance in the Near Jet (Cessna Citation).
We had already explained to the Governor's office that we'd be flying into
Dulles because National would be closed at our time of arrival (noise).  The
Guv shows up an hour late (and that was early for him) and as we were
walking to the jet one of his punks, er, I mean aides, asks what time we're
arriving at National.  I explain that we're flying into Dulles and he tries
to start an ass-chewing.  We were about the same size and age and I toyed
with the idea of kicking his ass right there on the tarmac because he needed
it and deserved it, but then decided it wouldn't look good on a resume. We
get to Dulles and I give the punk-who-deserves-an-ass-whooping our business
card with the hotel number of where we'd be and our expected itinerary.
"No, you wait here, the Governor Clinton wants to fly home as soon as he can
get free".  So we wait, and wait, and wait, and finally I order some
catering.  We decide to save the catering for the trip home and when Boy
Governor shows up he puts his arm around be on the way to jet and says, "we
got anything to eat on the way home?"  I told him we had crackers, granola
bars, peanuts, and all the whiskey and Coke you could hope for. We usually
put meals on board for our pax but then they usually gave us a courtesy call
on their way to the airport. Long story short, we started into our food as
soon as we got to altitude.  There was enough to feed five. My cohort asked
me if I wanted the rest of his meal and I said I couldn't finish what I
had.  I opened the curtain to check on our pax and there was the Boy Gov and
the Fresh Punks with their peanuts and drinks.  "F-it!  Keep eating, we're
not sharing jack with those a-holes!"

My invitation to the inauguration got lost in the mail.  Hmmmmm. I flew a
lot of politicians and most of them were nice guys.

Brad