[Rhodes22-list] Captain Slim Fastest

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 05:22:39 EDT 2008

Slim,
Good point - I don't want the sail flapping around uncontrollably either - if the wind is that uncontrollable I'll come in and have some Rum.  The caribiner seems to work for me, although attached normally to the sheets I am using.  The unused sheets are hanked to the base of the mast by the attached caribiner, so it is not loose on the deck to flap around.  I am unaware of what plastic alternative is available, but I'm game if it is sturdy enough.  A lighter metal alternative would be a rectanguler metal shackle which screws together.  The boat is in Tampa, so I can't send a picture until I'm back there.
The point of this rig is to create a simple and quick alternative to extra sheets which have to be knotted within the clue.  What is your alternative to this brilliance, my friend?
Art