[Rhodes22-list] cheungs trip to edenton narrative (long)

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Fri Jun 6 10:55:18 EDT 2008

Brad,

I doubt it, but I don't want to start that fight.  Let's just say the 231
does what I need for her to do and usually on 10.5 gph in the 165 kt range.
Hard to beat, especially with avgas costing what it does.  Plus, at the
time, she was one of the few efficient single engine planes I could get with
TKS though admittedly not K-ice certified.  Living in the lee of the Great
Lakes makes one appreciate having deice.  TKS is now available at least for
the F33 and the 36; I don't know if they've rigged it for the "V tailed
doctor killers" yet.

Mike

Mike,

Nice story!  All I can say is, one flight in my straight 35 V-tail and you'd
be throwing rocks at the Mooney!

Brad