[Rhodes22-list] attaching genoa to tube? - old style

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Sun Jun 15 21:34:12 EDT 2008

On ours the furling tube goes through a sleeve on the jib.  Tight fit but  jib lets in and out OK. I think that John means the jib furling line and not the "jib halyard in his memo below. Originally our furling line kept riding up over the original equipment spindle and plate so we had to get a larger one from West Marine and rig a line from the top plate to the bottom one to keep the furling line from riding up; letting out job slowly and under control via the furling line also helped.