[Rhodes22-list] Q & D Self Steering for Rummy

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Jun 18 14:27:57 EDT 2008

Rummy,

How about a scaled up version of the
self-steering used on model boats?
Works on a reach, not so well down wind.

Materials:

Bungee with a ring on one end and a
     free end (no hook) on the other.
Two small blocks.

Rigging:

Run the main sheet to the upwind gunwale
or rail (opposite the boom), passing it
thru a block secured to the rail.

>From the block, run back to the tiller
and take two or three turns around it.