[Rhodes22-list] Rain or trickle down economics?

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Thu Jun 19 11:13:13 EDT 2008

Good morning Brad,

Just a few questions and a comment:

Was the construction worker a union man?

Do you think he could find the same job today? (at a wage adjusted for the
inflation that has occurred between his time of employment and the present)

Can workers in China opt to join a union or engage in collective bargaining?

Can a Chinese factory worker negotiate His/Her compensation on an individual
basis with management?

What does your wife think about the Chinese positions regarding Tibet,
Taiwan, and the treatment of christian missionaries living in China? (my
wife has a childhood friend who  now lives in china and fears for her life)

Comment: Both Capitalism and Marxism are NOT forms of government but rather
economic models that a government may or may not espouse. The old Soviet
Union and China had totalitarian forms of
government that embraced Marxism as their economic philosophy. Today these
governments are still totalitarian regardless of the economic model they
embrace.

I will be out of town next week as my brother in laws' wife's parents are
coming in from Japan to visit and my wife and I are transporting my brother
in laws' parents to N.J. for them to meet. Therefore it may be a while
before I'm back in touch. I do apologize for any unintentional insult, that
was NOT the purpose of my comments nor will it ever be. The purpose of
lively debate is to exchange ideas and opinions and not trade insults. That
accomplishes nothing.

Have a beer for me over the weekend (preferably one made locally)
John Shulick