[Rhodes22-list] Anchor rode spaghetti

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Jun 24 16:03:42 EDT 2008

Thanks to all for the advice on getting a handle on rode storage.  I
think I've got a plan now...

Rummy: I like the plastic basket idea.  That solves the other problem
with the rode always being wet and moldy.

David B.:  Yes, I think you're right that just piling the rode into a
container, rather than making loops, might work better.  I may give that a try.

Robert S:  Yes, I tried the figure 8 pattern, but it seems to get
tangled anyway.  Especially after I put it in the laz and lift it
back out again.  I think the figure 8 might work well if you don't
have to handle it much after it's flaked.

Mike W:  My '79 doesn't have the anchor locker, so that's not an
option.  But if a figure 8 pile into a mesh bag works, hmmmm....

Tom H:  That's the kind of thing I was looking for.  I like the idea
that these rode bags have a hole in the bottom, so you can tie off
the loose end and avoid accidently sending the whole thing to the bottom.

I believe I'll cruise the dollar stores and see if I can find a small
laundry basket.  Then I'll cut a hole in the bottom for the end to
hang out so I can safety cleat that before deploying the anchor.

Cheers!

John Lock