[Rhodes22-list] Open challenge to all of a Political mind (Righties and Lefties both)

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Jun 25 20:57:36 EDT 2008

Hello all,

     I know I'm relatively new to this forum but I have noticed a lot of
posts to here don't have much to say about sailing or pertaining to the
sailboat we have in common. I also have noticed the relentless vigor in
which these arguments (discussions et. al.) are pursued  have caused several
people to abandon this forum. Gentlemen this serves nobody and detracts from
what this should be, a storehouse of knowledge concerning the Rhodes
Continental/ 22 and respect for a man who has made it his life's work to
develop and improve the boat we sail and love so much. In the spirit of this
I therefore propose to establish by mutual consent the first S.A.L.T.
(sailboat always limited to) treaty. Pick an alternate forum (any alternate
forum on politics will do, or establish a sub heading under this forum) and
I promise to take on all comers to defend and discuss various non sailing
points of view. After all Brad and I found out we both like beer and Ed and
I found similar views on applying capitalism to health care (much to my
surprise by the way). But in any case it's my personal belief that limiting
this forum to our boats and the expertise you've accumulated over 30+ years
of sailing would do more to further interest in and perhaps sales of the
boat we all have invested so much time and treasure in. I wait in humble
anticipation of watching you all shred this to ribbons but let no one say I
didn't try.

John Shulick