[Rhodes22-list] List charter. Please read and understand.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 11:34:21 EDT 2008

CHARTER:  rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org

The rhodes-list at rhodes22.org group will be  open to discussion of all
subjects specifically referring to Rhodes sailboats  or  Rhodes
sailors. The focus of this group includes, but is not limited  to:

* Encouraging the understanding and discussion of Rhodes sailboats  or
Rhodes sailors, in the many ways people wish to define it.

* Acting  as a source of information for  Rhodes sailboats or Rhodes
sailors  worldwide and for people planning  to buy/sell/repair/learn
about Rhodes  sailboats or Rhodes sailors.

* Providing a forum for the development and  promotion Rhodes sailboats
or Rhodes sailors'  culture, history,  traditions and economy.

* Any other subject that might be found at a  sailor's bar or the
Clubhouse Bar, Including Rhodes sailboats or Rhodes  sailors' travels,
events, family, jokes, quotations, pets, etc.

* The  level of discussion does not have to be fit for a child, but
some good taste  is expected.

Please use  mixed case when posting (Upper and lower case letters), typing
words in  uppercase
means you are SHOUTING.

Quoting: Place new material at the  top of the post and quote what you
are replying to below. That makes it  simple to find out what is being
said. You are encouraged to edit down the  quoted material.

HTML mail: Allot of the email programs (Netscape and  outlook) that can
send their email with embedded HTML. Embedded HTML can  cause some of
the list members to have trouble reading their mail due to  "browser
wars", not reading their mail with a web browser and double  messages
in digest mode. Member are encouraged to set their programs to  send
"text" email.

Subject Line: Please set or change the subject line  to reflect the
true subject of the  post. for example "Subject: anchors"  might be
turned into "Subject: gastank was anchors". If a joke (or  any
questionable material) is being posted please indicate it on  the
subject line, for example "Subject: Monday's Humor  (jokes)"

Netiquette: Posts to the group are expected to be considerate of  other
readers. Personal abuse, flames, and obscenities are  *not*
appreciated; but we are sailors.......

Anonymous email: It is  expected that users will provide their name in
the email and will sign  same.  We like to know who we're talking to.

Social  Interaction/Manners: To a certain extent, the interaction is
about what you  would expect in any informal social setting, for
example, a bar.  It is  recommended that you get to know people first
and introduce yourself (about  the same social rules that you would use
to meet any new group of people).  There is a high level of chitchat on
the list, and what you might think is  insulting to a group or region
might only be people kidding each other after  knowing them for years.
As in any bar, the subjects of politics and religion  can lead to
heated augments and bar fights. These might be best  avoided.

The need to participate: It is recognized that a group is only  whoever
post to it, no more and no less. We can only talk about what  people
post about. You earn respect on the list by postings and trying  to
help each other, you can not demand it. Most sailing topics we  have
talked about already, We chit chat in the mean time waiting to  answer
questions or a new subject/story.  If you want to know  something,
please post it, the more detail the better. If someone is trying  to
help you please answer their reasonable questions. If you can  help
someone, again post it, Try to repay the knowledge you  gained.

In a message dated 6/26/2008 10:28:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,