[Rhodes22-list] Anchor rode spaghetti

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Jun 26 18:12:10 EDT 2008

Rummy -

You did mean clasp, not clevis?

If so, what sort of clasp is it?

I have always used a clevis with lock wire to
secure the nylon rode to the shain, and a
similar fastening between chain and anchor.

My lunch hook (a light Hooker) and my folding
grapnel are just tied on, but I have been much
more conservative in setting up my medium and
storm anchors.

It would be easier if there were a quick
disconnect between the nylon and chain,
letting me swap anchors, hence my question.

/Robert