[Rhodes22-list] Genoa Furling Problems

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Sun Jun 29 12:17:21 EDT 2008

Went sailing yesterday with a fellow Rhodie who has a brand new 175 Genoa.
She mentioned that she was having a difficult time furling the Genoa tight
enough so the UV protector would completely cover the sail.  I now "humbly"
consider myself an expert furler, but no matter how much tension I put on
the sheets, I couldn't furl the Genoa tight enough on a port tack, and could
barely get the UV protector to cover the sail completely on a starboard
tack.

I noticed that the foot of her sail hangs lower than mine, which is probably
good for sail shape but I thought it might be the problem with the furling.

Any advice?

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD