[Rhodes22-list] First Time Out

Rik Sandberg sanderico1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 00:01:08 EDT 2008

Michael,

Sounds like your furling line was wrapped backwards. Take it off the
drum the rest of the way and wind it on the other way around.

Actually, it sound like you will have to take the last couple wraps off
the drum, roll up the sail by hand, then tie the furling line back on
the drum the right way.

As you unfurl (pull the jib out) the furling line should be winding up
on the drum.

When the jib is rolled up all the way , there should still be a couple
or three turns of line on the furler drum. You pull the jib out (pull
the sheets) the drum fills up. Furl (pull the furling line) the jib and
the drum empties.

Good luck,

Rik

Ayn Rand was a prophet - - it isn't my fault