[Rhodes22-list] Polical reply - about UTube made for you...

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Mar 4 13:34:20 EST 2008

Except Robert, you're assuming we agree with you, and I don't think we do.

And the rhetoric below is an example of what I'm talking about. You're
twisting those of us saying that we should complete the mission as
somehow saying our finest should stay there "forever". I suspect we will
have troops in Iraq for DECADES (just like we do many other countries),
unless we abandon our mission, in which case it'll be much like Vietnam
- those that conquer what's left won't really want us there.

So, to settle the "we all agree" (when some of us don't think we do);

Are you saying we should bring the troops home immediately (0-12 months)
even if it means abandoning our mission, or not?

Robert Skinner wrote:
> Tootle wrote:
>
>> Was posted because it was a moving and good quality production.
>>

> Agreed, and thank you.
>

>> A member of this forum sail, "you are preaching to the choir."   He further
>> stated, "As to bringing our troops home, the discussion is only about timing
>> and method."
>>
>> This is a typical fellow traveler reply to the issue...
>>

> If rational discussion is not about when
> and under what conditions our troops come
> home, then the presumption is that they
> will be there forever.  Do I understand
> that you want our finest in country with
> no end in sight?
>
> Please don't take everything I say and
> make it a basis for one of your anti-Marxist
> diatribes.  For one thing, you
> mis-characterize me, and for another, you
> spend your credibility to no purpose.
>
> If you read what I said carefully, I believe
> you will find nothing in it to disagree with.
> In fact, it is probably as close as I will
> ever come to agreeing with you.
>
> Your post contained a good piece.  Let's not
> demean it by playing political games.
>
> I apologize if you took my reference to
> "preaching to the choir" as a put-down.
> It is usually interpreted as "making a
> statement to those who already agree with
> you" as I did in my note.
>
> /Robert

Herb Parsons
S/V O'Jure - O'Day 25