[Rhodes22-list] Tangent Topping Lift Question

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 7 17:19:53 EST 2008

Hi Fred and Mary Lou,

Raven is an 88, pretty similar to Fretless , so it's no surprise I'm doing
her portlights now also.  They are hard to get out!  I was reading somewhere
(I think in Beckson's instructions) to use only pure silicone sealant.
Isn't Life Caulk polysulfide?  Not sure why it won't work, but just wanted
to pass this on to you FWIW.

BTW, Raven's topping lift is pretty standard, just like your existing one.
To free up a halyard, I think you could mount a cheek block on the aft end
of the boom to turn a masthead dead-ended topping lift forward to tack on a
horn cleat (or whatever cleat you want) on the boom above the companionway.
This should be reasonable adjustable going to windward.

Fair winds,

PT