[Rhodes22-list] Leaky ports was Tangent Topping Lift Question

Fred Kaiser fkaiser at atlanticbb.net
Fri Mar 7 17:34:53 EST 2008

Elle, It all depends on how the ports were sealed and what was used
to seal them.  At least 2 of the  ports I removed were a bear to get
out, one tooke me a good hour and a half to get out.  On one I even
chipped off a corner.  I was able to epoxy it and don't think it will
be a problem when re-bedded.  The other 4 came out fairly
easy.  Cleaning off all the old gunk from the ports also took some
time and energy.    The trim rings in the cabin all came off
easily.  Re-bedding should not take up much time if all is
prepped.  You should be able to remove and re-bed a couple of ports
in a few hours.  I suggest you wait till the temperature warms up to
make the job easier.
I also recommend Don Casey's Sailboat Hull and Deck Repair book as a
good primer.

Fred
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD