[Rhodes22-list] liveaboard

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Fri Mar 7 18:06:36 EST 2008

At 05:28 PM 3/7/2008 -0500, you wrote:

>John, you might post a few pictures of your v-berth extension rig if
>convenient.
>
>Question - would anyone use the v-berth if extended to be 18-24"
>'taller' than it is now?
>
>Question for John - How do you use the void area created with the
>removal of the water tank?  I'm not sure I will ever use my tank, I
>just use portable water now.

I'll try to get some photos this weekend.  The storage space under
the v-berth now contains the PTE,  some parts for the bimini, some
additional screening, a jug of Odorlos, and other loose parts that I
haven't identified yet.  They may just be spares.  But it's mostly
empty even with all that.

As you described, the porta-potti gets moved out into the main cabin
when the berth is made up.  Getting in and out of the v-berth is
fairly easy for the port-side occupant.  The starboard-side occupant
has a real challenge climbing over and past the port-side occupant to
get out, but it's manageable.  Just put the early riser on the port-side!

Cheers!

John Lock