[Rhodes22-list] liveaboard

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 7 17:28:44 EST 2008

John,

The v-berth extension was original on the boat, not Rodger's mod.  It is a good idea and provides valuable extra length.  I suspect that any of our boats could have this trapezoid shaped panel added with a supporting brace on the rear-facing end of the berth and a knob for a brace on the forward side of the compression post.  It would have to block access to the porta-potty when attached, a problem for most unless it was moved into the cabin center area.  I may modify mine this way eventually, simple task, as the 'hidden' potty doesn't really need to hide at night.  Some may have noticed the gymnastic challenge in using the potty with the center berth (table rigged).  Any thoughts on this?

John, you might post a few pictures of your v-berth extension rig if convenient.

Question - would anyone use the v-berth if extended to be 18-24" 'taller' than it is now?

Question for John - How do you use the void area created with the removal of the water tank?  I'm not sure I will ever use my tank, I just use portable water now.

Art