[Rhodes22-list] Tangent Topping Lift Question

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 22:34:47 EST 2008

> Using  massive  quantities of alcohol may slow the
procedure down somewhat.

Why? Does it affect the sealant??  ;^) hahah

elle

--- R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:

> Elle,
> The post to the list was approximately two years ago
> and was done by Steve
> Little, IIRC. His method involved using large wooden
> wedges and sharpened putty
>  knives. I remember something about other wooden
> blocks used to spread the
> pressure out from using pry bars also. You can do
> exactly one port per day.
> Removing it is time consuming, but cleaning up the
> area afterwards takes a
> lot of elbow grease and cleaner. An absolutely
> clean, flat surface is
> mandatory,  on both the decking and the port. Good
> luck. Perhaps someone who stores all
> the  important postings by category will recall this
> discussion. Using
> massive  quantities of alcohol may slow the
> procedure down somewhat.
>
> Rummy

> Standard Time,
> watermusic38 at yahoo.com writes:
>
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
>
> It  probably doesn't seem like a big deal to you
> guys,
> but it looks as if this  will  be my first big boat
> project....;^)
>
> elle
>

> ---  "Michael D. Weisner" <mweisner at ebsmed.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  Elle,
> >
> > This is from Don Casey, the expert on such
> >  do-it-yourself repair:
> >  http://express27.org/articles/stoppingleaks
> >
> > A portion of the  definitive book on the subject,
> > "Sailboat Hull and Deck
> >  Repair" by Don Casey, is available on line
> through
> > Google with a 15  page
> > preview at:

http://books.google.com/books?id=isEFQaXQ9vwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Sailboat+

Hull+and+Deck+Repair&ei=ILbRR6GEKYTCyQTbnaWwBQ&sig=mjkFvcOvtAR76hvo2wUaQk29X7I

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20080307/aae6c7c1/