[Rhodes22-list] liveaboard

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 12:19:23 EST 2008

Beautiful...and clever!

  elle

John Lock <jlock at relevantarts.com> wrote:
  At 05:28 PM 3/7/2008 -0500, Arthur H. Czerwonky wrote:

>John, you might post a few pictures of your v-berth extension rig if
>convenient.

Here they are, fresh bits hot from the camera -

Photo 1 - The normal v-berth without the extension. You can just see
the seam where the aft section lifts off for access to what was the
water tank compartment. It's now just a large storage compartment.

Photo 2 - This is the plywood extension. Notice the fingers cut in
the edge that will fit into the slots you see underneath.

Photo 3 - This is a nylon block screwed into the compression
post. The head of the extension board will rest on this block when in place.

Photo 4 - Here you see the extension in place, without the
cushion. Notice that it takes up most of the space where the
porta-potti was, which is why we move it into the main cabin for the night.

Photo 5 - The finished extension with cushion in place. This yields
a space about 7.5 feet from head to toe. It's comfortable for two,
but as I mentioned earlier, the starboard-side occupant has to be
pretty agile to get out over the port-side occupant. And the
port-side occupant cannot be very, uh... large of frame or there is
no escape ;-)

Cheers!

John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22