[Rhodes22-list] Happy Days ... (Political)

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 9 00:11:31 EST 2008

My friend and former colleague Bill Foster just won the
special election for Dennis Hastert's vacated seat in the 14th
district of Illinois.  He ran against the war and Bush and won
election in a district which, until now, has been heavily
Republican.

Bill is one of the smartest people I know. He survived a high
intensity, very negative campaign which became a national
focus.  His opponent was a right wing conservative (a liberal to Ed)
who has made a habit of losing elections (6 so far).
It is nice to know that people of real quality can go into politics
and succeed.

Ron

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-special-election.09mar09,0,7304737.story