[Rhodes22-list] Under galley storage

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sun Mar 9 11:22:51 EDT 2008

Jerry,

We had no shelves or storage under the galley when we purchased our R22.
After several attempts at productively utilizing the space, we have settled
on a set of wire-frame shelves originally designed for closet organization.
This provided good vertical separation within the space and plastic bins or
baskets were placed on the shelves to contain various kitchen items.  We
really needed some drawers.  Last year, we pulled out a couple of bins and
replaced them with Sterilite Clearview Drawers:
http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Storage&ProductCategory=45
(available at Wal-Mart, $8/#1791, 3-drawer unit.)  They are available in
black or white trim with clear drawers.  Check the office supplies aisle,
the household goods aisle has the larger units.  I secured the drawer units
to the wire frame with Tywraps around the drawer frames.

Nothing to build, easy to change and very functional.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY

From: <cjlowe at sssnet.com>Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:47 PM