[Rhodes22-list] Catastrophe or a disaster?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Mar 9 21:15:05 EDT 2008

I knew what he was talking about. Just throwing out a little of my usual
cynical sarcasm.

The irony is that when people throw out that type of stuff, they're
ignoring the obvious. This is one of the few lists that WORKS. I've been
on a ton of different lists like this, all of the others suffer the same
problem, they become stale and die. Basically, the people that are
experienced and know stuff leave because the list no longer offers
anything to them. That means you have a bunch of newbies answering each
other's questions. Face it, there's only so many times that
reading/answering the same questions over and over.

The "free for all" here gives the experienced guys a reason to hang
around besides offering the same advice again and again.

Of course, sometimes folks new to the list think they know a better way
to do it. Isn't it funny though that they so frequently demandchange
instead of polite suggestions?

Getting so bent out of shape over something like that just seems silly
to me when the DEL key is so easy to use.

Michael D. Weisner wrote:
> Herb,
>
> Come on, I think we all know what Alan is talking about, the
> non-Rhodes22.com-affiliated, privately sponsored, anything goes R22 email
> list.  That said, I will simply advise Alan to block all messages with the
> word "political" in the subject line if you will please remember to affix it
> to all of the appropriate subject lines.
>
> DONE!  Now, on with the show (and some sailing advice, once and a while.)
> We all know how boring this list can be without the "color" of the humor,
> political views and the general personalities of all involved.
>
> Mike
> s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
>        Nissequogue River, NY
>
> From: "Herb Parsons" <hparsons at parsonsys.com>Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008
> 4:12 PM
>
>> Alan,
>>
>> The depth of knowledge displayed by your astute obsvervations probably
>> impress you, but I'm a little lost.
>>
>> What "Rhodes Website" are you speaking of?
>>

>> Alan Robertson wrote:
>>
>>> HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH YOU BIG MOUTHS MUCKING UP THE RHODES WEBSITE;
>>> PLEASE MAIL EACH OTHER DIRECTLY SO WE SERIOUS BOATERS TO LOVE TO GET
>>> RHODES AND SAILING INFORMATION WITHOUT EXTRANEOUS BULLSHIT CLOGGING OUR
>>> IN BASKETS. THE TROUBLE IS THAT YOU BELIEVE YOUR OWN. OK FROM NOW ON
>>> RHODES MAILINGS GO INTO THE BLOCK SENDERS OR JUNK MAIL LIST

Herb Parsons
S/V O'Jure - O'Day 25
S/V Reve de Pappa - Coronado 35